Infia Kit Line
Improvement of Shelf-Life Infia has created and developed a new side ventilation system called “F concept”. The proper aeration of the tray allows for more rapid pre-cooling of the produce, thus slowing down the ripening process of the fruit and ensuring a longer shelf life. The holes on the side also permit the escape of ethylene vapours, which are naturally produced by the fermentation of the fruit.
Today this extraordinary concept is a standard packaging solution for grapes, strawberries and soft fruit. In case of heat sealing, it is sufficient to use standard film instead of macro/micro perforated film, with considerable savings in cost. SIDE VENTILATION Advantages for growers / exporters:
- 25% faster pre-cooling leads to greater productivity of the packing-house.
- More rapid pre-cooling means rapid stoppage of the ripening process and, consequently, a longer shelf-life.
- 25% savings on energy. Advantages for importers / supermarkets:
- 25% less CO2 emitted into the atmosphere equals smaller carbon footprint.
- Reduction of ethylene emissions, leading to a longer produce shelf-life.
- Reduction of water vapour. Now it’s available on models: K28 – k30 – K36 – K37 – K62 – KIT501 (on many more articles shortly)
Want to know more?
Get in touch and we can provide you with the help and support you need to get what you are looking for.